Monday, January 30, 2012

Kickin' harder more than ever in 2012!

I've just realized from circa 2007 up till now, my blog has gotten only 2116 page-views. This is really a remarkable number which calls for some self-reflection especially I have been telling people around me that I'm a social media guru wannabe. We're talking about total effort, not. 

While bumming around at home with Ummairah, we've decided to (or rather, me) Google on each other. Alright, I'll fess it since she's an avid online stalker of mine, that it is I who came up with the thought of stalking her. Found her on multiply.com which there were some really cool and uncool videos of her. Found her on MySpace which exhibits nothing but a damn cool profile pic - the typical emo phase which everyone went through. Found her on blogspot - try finding it if you want to know what she used to do everyday! 

Oh, it's Sunday. Tomorrow is Monday. That makes that a workday. Damn. I have no better words to express how much dread I am facing every workday especially it's with this current employment. I totally love my colleagues, and everyone who I work with but I totally hate how it's so unorganized with minimal system in place. World class etiquette I am talking about - someone took my Apple USB cable (when I was new in the company) and despite me sending out an email, no one replied, let alone returned. Someone sneaks around (still is) like a rat and eats everything in the fridge without the basic courtesy to ask (one day, I'm going to put laxatives in M&M's packaging). People just enjoy clogging the water closets. I have a toilet on my floor, there are three water closets and all of them are clogged. And it's been two darn months, no one came to fix it. My bladder is potentially facing a possible infection. And to whom should I send the bill to if this misfortune was to happen? Human rights are definitely not prominently etched into the legislation here. 

Just when you think things are bad enough here, let me share something very funny with you

Someone took someone's breakfast last Friday. Jesus Christ, it was only a pack of beehoon. The poor girl sent out an email asking who did, and no one fessed up. We have a top suspect in mind. And we are guessing (based on CCTV footage) that it's someone managerial. Gasp! You think your workplace sucks, you think again now. I am witnessing a totally wrong code of human behavior on an almost daily basis. If I wasn't brought up by a good pair of folks, wasn't sent to school (wait, the people here at work are learned too!), haven't read horrifying world news, I would most certainly believe that I'm living in some cave off some unknown isolated island. In this rat race here, we have rats - literally!

So, I braced myself and decided to bade farewell. Mainly because I too, received an offer which hasn't much come concreting itself as of now. The fucken shiznits that most Singaporeans believe in, is that your capabilities and abilities are reflected based on what's stamped on your certificate. And this is so exceptionally delusional. Firstly, I have definitely come across graduates who can't speak as eloquently nor write as fluently as some of my mates who are with their diplomas. And I have definitely come across people whom majored in what they were supposed to, only to display nothing but mediocrity in their works. You get the drift here, you ought to. I'm sure there are individuals around you who give weight to your lower jaw.

While this is perhaps not the best way to end a Sunday evening and I should be in bed right now, I ought to seize this opportunity to greet my loyal panel of followers who are still into reading my junk. I missed a Christmas greeting, I missed a New Year's but I am definitely in time for some prosperous greetings! 

GONG HEI FATT CHOI EVERYONE!

But the 10 million Hong Bao Toto Draw is mine for sure, sorry!

XO

No comments: