Sunday, June 3, 2018

In order to be successful, I need to pry myself away from the underachievers. Now the question is: what kind of people do I consider underachievers?

Simple.

People who do not have a sense of money, people who live by day.
People who don't believe in continual learning and improving themselves i.e. something as small as brushing up your English.
People who stay in their comfort zone doing the same thing day in and out.
People who settle and get too comfortable.

You're the average of the five persons closest to you. If you look at your friends and family members and realised they are all not achieving anything (and I don't consider getting married and having kids an achievement), chances are you're not. Peers--they play a far more important role in determining our personal success than we think they do. Imagine hanging out with Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg all day. The only thing they are ever going to talk to you about are ideas, technology advancements and investments insights. They will also most probably be giving you investments tips and sound business opportunities. Don't you think then, that you'll be set for success as compared to hanging out with a bunch of housewives?

Don't get me wrong. I still want everyone around me to succeed. But the degree of success varies with each individual. So if I think you do not have a good sense of life, I probably wouldn't want to waste my breath or time on you much. And that's me. I never consider myself an empathetic person.

I cannot fathom how one keeps whining about his/her partner, life and job etc and yet see no urge in coming up with a solution for it. You can better use the time you waste whining about it, on coming up with a workaround.

No comments: