Friday, September 18, 2009

Dear God.

How sad are we?
Their smiles of gloat and glee.
When it all seemed so bleak,
Was it you that I see?

-

There's a big relationship problem between my router and my lappie's wifi. Restaurant city is having a problem to load at this hour of the day. Tell me the students wake up early to revive their chefs and waiters.

The hour I fancy - 0500 to o600 hours.

Have you ever realised that the world seems the quietest and the most at peace with itself during this one short hour? It feels like everyone and everything came to a standstill, awaiting the refulgence of the breaking dawn. No more cats whining about the cold, no more noises from the 'homeless', no more cars whizzing pass, no more whispers of lust and swears of loathes. Perfect quietus.

I used to be regularly healing my hangovers, throbbing headaches, nauseousness at this hour some time back. Time was wasted, but times were fun filled and I derived happiness from careless days. On opposite end now, I am deprived of smiles. I seem to have left something behind or I might have completely lost it. I am not love-driven nor am I fun-driven no more. My break this time round has me waking up each day feeling more like a bum. As if I am my own judge, it's wrong of me to be not doing anything everyday.

I know I haven't been praying to you on a regular basis. And it may seem like I am always exploiting you. But that's the reason why you are God, and I have sinned. I pray to you, if you may, please give my mojo back to me.

Amen.
/winks


No comments: