Monday, June 25, 2012

Everyone has his own idea of a home. If here isn't what I think it is, where should I find this home of mine? I don't really understand why chinese value their roots this much. I do not comprehend why would someone want to do that when it's the very same root which is hurting the person. The roots may not even have to bear thorns. The presence of such roots is enough to penetrate like a jellyfish's tentacles, injecting agonizing venom to every part of your body. I do, however, know that if this is what's hurting the most, then it must go - at all costs. You may call me selfish, but I have only another 50 (if lucky) years or so to live. If i don't live for myself, I will never get another chance to. Life isn't about doing what others are doing, saying what others are saying. Nor should it be about doing what others are telling you to. Life is about being free, and the ability to listen to yourself. It is really your life. I'm no longer young and tender. I am no longer young and rebellious, although I still would like to think myself as. There are heavier consequences to the things I do but the heaviest among them all, is the consequence of not having lived the way I want to. I do not wish to die with both ankles latched to unfinished businesses.

No comments: