Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'll be seeing you.

The most joyous affair which happened to me recently, is that I decided to purchase and re read "The Little Prince". It was dated years back when I read this beautiful story for the first time. Being more than a toddler, less than a child, I had thought it was simply just another fairytale. This time around, it had harboured more meaning to me than ever, and had set my cognitive landscape to once again, a lonely yet very much simple planet.

The Little Prince.

Asking all the questions that you want to, quenching your hungry thirst for truths and enjoying the most endearing simplicities in life. You did not want to answer any questions at all. You needed us to feel, to sense not the way a grownup would. There's wisdom hidden beyond our threshold to grow, our self pretentious falsehood that we are grownups. We do not fathom that a simple child could be wiser. We never did. You watched fourty three sunsets on your lonesome planet. And you leapt to us, telling us that there are things we want to see through things we can't see, if only we see with our hearts. You helped me got back to my very basic skeletal. And prior to your departure, I had my pace hastened, wanting to chase. That's when my threshold gave way, and I no longer did sway the way you had thought I do. And you left with disappointment and shame. You left your greatest fan.

I found my little prince eversince the day before my last birthday. And he left just about today, without a simple goodbye.
She asked, how long did it take me to find the things we don't wish to lose. I'd say a short spur of flashing time, but I wasn't so sure until he went away.




"...the loveliest and saddest landscape on earth."


We did not deny the way we exchanged eyes,
But yet all that I could do was to hold my greatest sighs.

Happy Valentine's Day, my heart.
I hope you feel loved today.

No comments: